Friday, July 3, 2009

7/3/09 - Fixies, Car Wrecks & the Bellin




Hmmm, where to start, there has been a lot going on and I've been slacking on this blog big time!! Well, until recently I've been slacking on the road bike due to some running. I signed up for the Bellin Run in Green Bay which is a 10k. I did the 1st annual Oshkosh Irish Fest 5k for preparation also. That was very fun but definitely cut into my biking.

I have however been riding the fixed gear religiously. At least 2 of the 3 nights a week I have class I ride from work to class and back. It is 8.6 miles there and 9.3 miles back. So it is just long enough to beat me up and just short enough for me to push it the whole time!! I have realized how much this helps on the road bike now too! As getting on that was very easy and I forgot until after 28 miles that I could actually stop peddling when I was tired! Lolz!

I did have 1 scare on the fixxie though. I was coming back from class on Military Ave in Green Bay and 1/2 a block in front of me this lady skips through the red light in an SUV and clips the tail end of some little Honda, the SUV flips over and slides all over the road right in front of me upside down. I raced up and somebody else had called 911 by the time I got my phone out of my bag. The driver was scared to move but was talking when they got her out of the truck. Fortunately the other girl was not hurt but pretty shook up. 1/2 a block up and I would have been 1 with the pavement, little surreal!!



Please click on any LiveStrong Banner on this page or on the following link to be directed to my fund raising page. Donations go directly to the Lance Armstrong Foundation and are tax deductible. Every dollar counts! ;D Thank you for your support.


https://www.kintera.org/faf/donorReg/donorPledge.asp?ievent=294758&supId=241018027

No comments: