Sunday, July 5, 2009

Annual Omro Cycling Classic




Well, just finished my first race. I wasn't going to do any races, but thought it would be a good learning experience being a 45 mile race of mixed skill level. To my benefit it was shortened to 35 miles due to construction. I was still feeling the 52 miles I biked on Friday. So my goal was to finish and not to come in last! I made both, although I was hoping for better than 93rd out of 101! I started out a little fast and pooped myself out on the first hill a few miles in. Took me a while to recover from that and then went at my own pace and still felt like I finished strong. I ended up improving my average mph to 17.9 mph and learned a lot. On top of that, it was a beautiful day and a beautiful route, so it was a great ride! Helped get my weekend total mileage up over 85 miles too!! Another new personal record. In all actuality I have had less than 1/2 dozen 20+ mile rides on the road bike or any road bike for that matter so I feel pretty good, aside from exhausted. Unfortunately I have no pix as Maddox was to tired and fussy for that stuff. I guess the 9:45pm start for fireworks last night was as ridiculous as I had been ranting about. All in all it was a great ride and a great day. I hope next year if I do it again, I can ride my bike to Omro and then do the race!! To big of a goal??


Please click on any LiveStrong Banner on this page or on the following link to be directed to my fund raising page. Donations go directly to the Lance Armstrong Foundation and are tax deductible. Every dollar counts! ;D Thank you for your support.


https://www.kintera.org/faf/donorReg/donorPledge.asp?ievent=294758&supId=241018027

No comments: