Thursday, April 2, 2009

My Story

Unite with me in the fight against cancer and support my fund raising efforts

Hello, if you are reading this you know a little bit about what I am doing already. Here is a little bit about why I am doing it. Some of you already know my father passed away February 15, 2008, less than a month before my sons 2nd birthday. We found out my father had Brain and Lung cancer about 3 weeks prior. This is my main motivation in registering to do this year’s Live Strong Challenge. It is a 90 mile bike ride coming up this October in Austin, Texas put on by The Lance Armstrong Foundation. The main purpose of this is to raise money to help fight cancer.

I feel there are a lot of things I had not been able to do for and with my father. One was to buy him a boat. I guess this is a way for me to try and get my father his boat. Instead of the boat I think it is suiting for me to put this effort towards those who have had to, are, and will have to fight cancer. There are many children and adults alike who could have a better chance at surviving their fight, or even extending their time here with their loved ones. Precious time I wish my son had more of to be able to remember how much his Grandfather loved him.

I am not just doing this for my father, but for his twin brother who died from cancer earlier, and for my grandparents. I am also doing this for anybody diagnosed with cancer and any family member or friend of anybody diagnosed with cancer. Knowing that there are very few out there who have not been affected by cancer I hope that I may have your support, thoughts and prayers. And I ask that you make a donation to help this cause. I know times are rough, but every penny helps, whether $1, $100, or $1,000.

Regardless if you can or cannot donate please tell all of your friends and family about what I am trying to do and ask them if they can help also. I am fortunate for the many friends and family I have and thank you all for everything you have done for me.

~Shawn Wilkinson

Please click on the LiveStrong Banner to the right or on the following link to be directed to my fund raising page. Donations go directly to the Lance Armstrong Foundation and are tax deductible.

https://www.kintera.org/faf/donorReg/donorPledge.asp?ievent=294758&supId=241018027

No comments: